Search for exemptions based on previous study
If you already have a tertiary qualification, or even part of one,
it is possible you could receive exemption from a course or courses at USQ.
To establish whether you should apply for an exemption please select the relevant information from the options below.
Please note the above information serves as a guide only:
- The specific number of exemptions you are granted may differ based on the information provided.
- If you are seeking to transfer credit or claim an exemption from previous study, upon application to USQ, you will need to submit full details of the institution and the courses/programs you have successfully completed
- Exemptions will not be granted towards any programs consisting of less than eight (8) units. (Most courses are worth one unit but some are worth more and some less.)
- Exempt courses refers to the number of courses you don’t need to enrol in due to your previous study. Most courses are worth one unit but some are worth more and some less
- Exempt units refers to value of the exempt course. Most undergraduate programs require 24 units to complete.
- Exemptions will be granted for relevant studies successfully completed in the last five years. In some circumstances exemptions may be considered for studies successfully completed in the past 10 years.
- All applications for exemptions are assessed by the faculty to which you are applying. Exemptions are given at the faculty’s discretion.
- Exemptions must be applied for before you start your program of study.